Are you downsizing, relocating or experiencing a life change that requires the need to eliminate some furniture or home decor?
Are you tired of your existing style & color scheme and want to make a change?
Take a look at your existing furniture and home décor. Does it look new or show only light signs of wear? Is it currently in style? In other words, would others find it attractive and appealing and want it in their homes? If it’s not soiled or damaged and its relatively current (unless it’s an antique of exceptional quality) then it probably qualifies for Consignment at True Treasures.
We don’t accept outdated heavily soiled furniture or home decor. For questions about antiques, please take photos and fill out the form on our website.
When considering your furniture for Consignment with True Treasures, please make sure it’s clean and in excellent repair. Would you buy it (again?) The better it looks and works, the better it sells!
Here is a complete list of what do and don’t accept:
Everything from Rug to Chandleries and everything in-between Furniture and Home Décor.
- Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas
- Current styles
- Home Décor (Minimum retail value of $50)
- Decorative accessories
- Decorator Rugs (4 x 6 or larger)
- Holiday (Seasonal)
- Antique items (selective)
- Small accent furniture
- Iron wall hangings
- Antique firearms
- Military memorabilia
- Unique/unusual items
- This is a sample list, call for more information
- Glass top tables (depending on style, condition of glass, and current inventory)
- Draperies (custom made only) and some select brands of un-used bedding still in original packaging
- Bedroom furniture
- Beds, daybeds, futons, bunk/loft bed, dressers, nightstands, wardrobes
- Living Room furniture
- Sofas, loveseats, sectionals, chaise lounges, recliners, end tables, coffee tables, accent tables, chairs, ottomans
- Dining Room furniture
- Dining table and chairs, server/sideboards, china cabinets, pub tables, bar stools
- Home Office
- Desks, credenzas, decorative file cabinets
- Accent Furniture
- Decorative chests, curio cabinets, bookcases, baker’s racks
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal)
- Some collectibles with superior brand names and popularity
- Upholstered furniture
- Age: 5 years or younger preferred. Mature pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, color and condition.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Appliances (will consider certain antiques)
- Commercial office furniture
- Entertainment centers (TV Armoires)
- Exercise equipment
- Lacquer furniture
- Lamps without shades or with yellowed/damaged shades
- Particle board furniture
- Small ‘knick-knacks’
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
- Victorian style seating
- Items with missing or broken hardware
- Items in need of repair, cleaning, refinishing or re-upholstery
- Furniture with water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces
- Upholstered and Leather Furniture
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, fading, excessive wear
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape
- Stable construction
- Case Goods (Tables, Bookcases, Bedroom furniture, etc…)
- Dust and cob web free.
- Free of watermarks and discoloration.
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws.
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly.
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately.
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
* There will be a quality inspection of your pieces upon arrival at the store prior to final acceptance for consignment. We reserve the right to decline any items that do not meet our quality standards. A cleaning fee of $25 may be charged if an item requires excessive dusting or cleaning prior to displaying.